Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roast lamb rack, braised the glazed lamb shoulder in reduced chicken stock, braised then deep fried neck of lamb in potato string, lamb tongue, raw herritage carrots, roasted herritage carrot, herritage carrot puree, potato terrine and a lmab sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- A challenge
- Serves 32
This is a brilliant celebration of lamb and heritage carrots.
- 4 lamb racks
- 1 lamb shoulder
- 8 lamb neck fillets
- 16 lamb tongues
- 6kg heritage carrots
- 4kg roasting potatoes
- 1kg smoked bacon lardons
- 36 garlic cloves
- 1 litre of duck fat
- 8 bottles of white wine
- 8 shallots
- 12 marjoram leaves
- 2 litres of chicken stock
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 140 degrees. Cut the lamb shoulder in four equal pieces. Quickly brown off the lamb neck fillets and shoulder and then get four braising pans. Fill each one with 2 bottles of white wine, 3 marjoram flowers, 4 garlic cloves, 2 shallots, 2 lamb neck fillets, 1/4 lamb shoulder and 4 lamb tongues. Also peel the carrots and add the peel. Put them in the oven for at least 2 hours. The indication that everything is done if that you can easily pull the bone out of the shoulder of lamb. Season it heavily with salt and pepper so as it will provide all the seasoning needed in the dish.
- STEP 2Preheat another oven to 180 degrees. Cut the 3/4 of the potatoes in quarters with the skins off. Blanch them and then roast them with 2/3 of the carrots until extremely tender. Now puree half of the roasted carrots and all of the roast potatoes separately and keep warm. Fry of the lardons until crisp and add them to the mashed potato. Do not turn the oven off
- STEP 3Thinly slice the raw heritage carrots. For the lamb rack cook until golden brown all over and then put it in the oven for 10 minutes. Leave it to rest under cling film for 20 minutes before carving. Now cook the chicken stock until thick and leave it.
- STEP 4Once the braised meat is done take it out of the oven and do the following. Cut down the back of it and follow the bone and do this as neatly as possible. Now glaze it in the reduced chicken stock. Make potato string from the left over potatoes. Cut each lamb neck fillet in four and wrap the potato string around it. Deep fry until crisp. Peel the lamb tongues.
- STEP 5Shape the potato terrine and cook until crispy. Reduce the sauce to a fairly thick consistency.
- STEP 6To plate put 1 rib on the plate, a bit of shoulder, a piece of neck, half a tongue, the raw carrots, the puree, the roast carrots, the terrine and the sauce on however you like.