Pan fried wood pigeon, fondant potato and a courgette gratin
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
It is simple yet delicious and you taste the gaminess of the wood pigeon.
- 1 wood pigeon
- 1 potato cut into 4 medium thickness round slices
- 100g butter
- 4 garlic cloves in the skin
- 1 shallot
- a sprig of thyme
- 10 thin slices of courgette in the skin
- 1 tbsp of ground rosemary
- 8 tbsp double cream
- STEP 1Start of with the fondant potatoes. Gently melt the butter and add the shallot, garlic and thyme. Then add the potato and cook slowly until cooked.
- STEP 2To make the courgette gratin, Stack the courgettes on top of each other adding a tbsp of cream in between each one and a little rosemary. Make in a 180 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3For the wood pigeon, take the breasts off the bone and discard the rest. Heat butter up until foaming and add the pigeon and cook 5 minutes skin side down and 30 seconds flesh side down. The butter must be brown but mustn't burn.
- STEP 4Serve uo all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.