Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20 pieces
- 397g of condensed milk
- 150ml of Milk
- 450g of Demerara sugar
- 115g of butter
- STEP 11. It takes a little effort so stick closely to the steps if you’re new to making fudge – once mastered the results are out of this world! Place the ingredients into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- STEP 22. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during stirring as the fudge will be VERY hot! To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approx 118°C).
- STEP 33. Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set (about 10 minutes). See our tip below!
- STEP 4. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares.