Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gajar Ka Halwa: Soul satisfying & wholesome dessert
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 Hours
- Serves 6
Gajar ka Halwa (Carrot Pudding) is truly a soul satisfying & wholesome dessert. Best way to satisfy your sweet tooth is with mouthwatering gajrela. Honestly, it tastes as good as it looks. It is not only the easiest but also an amazing way to celebrate and make life sweeter. An extraordinary dessert which takes me to trance every time I eat was traditionally made using carrots, ghee and milk but lately many more ingredients are being to give more flavor and taste. Especially in the winter wonderland it feels so blissful with just a handful of ingredients.
- Shredded Carrots:- 1kg
- Ghee:- 3-4 tbsp
- Milk:- 1litre
- Raisins:- 8-10
- Almonds:- 8-10
- Sugar:- 350-400gms
- Cashews:- 2 tbsp. (roughly chopped)
- Cardamom seeds:- 1 tsp
- STEP 1Heat Ghee in a kadai (Skillet).
- STEP 2Add shredded grated carrots and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- STEP 3Add milk and let it boil at a medium flame till the carrots turn very tender and milk thickens (30-35 minutes).
- STEP 4After this, stir in sugar and cook until the sugar is dissolved (approx 20-25 minutes).
- STEP 5After the mixture is dry add more of ghee and cook it for 2-3 minutes.