Gajar Ka Halwa: Soul satisfying & wholesome dessert
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 Hours
- Serves 6
- Shredded Carrots:- 1kg
- Ghee:- 3-4 tbsp
- Milk:- 1litre
- Raisins:- 8-10
- Almonds:- 8-10
- Sugar:- 350-400gms
- Cashews:- 2 tbsp. (roughly chopped)
- Cardamom seeds:- 1 tsp
- STEP 1Heat Ghee in a kadai (Skillet).
- STEP 2Add shredded grated carrots and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- STEP 3Add milk and let it boil at a medium flame till the carrots turn very tender and milk thickens (30-35 minutes).
- STEP 4After this, stir in sugar and cook until the sugar is dissolved (approx 20-25 minutes).
- STEP 5After the mixture is dry add more of ghee and cook it for 2-3 minutes.