- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 28 cupcakes or 14 muffins.
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70g strawberry jam
- icing sugar, to dust
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190 c/ gas 5. Line a tray with 28 cupcake cases.
- STEP 2Sift the flour, custard powder and baking powder in a bowl. Add the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla and mix till combined.
- STEP 3Divide mixture into half of the cupcake cases and add a teaspoon of jam in the middle. Top with the rest of the mixture till 2/3 full.
- STEP 4Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving.