Winter Filo Parcels
- Preparation and cooking time
- 20 minutes of standing (onions)
- Makes 2 parcels
A comforting yet healthy filo recipe. The soft goats cheese, iconic cranberry sauce and sharp red onions work perfectly in this simple but tasty parcel, perfect for a vegetarian alternative.
- 80g soft goats cheese
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 sheets of filo pastry
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Olive Oil
- STEP 1Set oven to gas mark 6 (200 degrees)
- STEP 2Place onions in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Drain onions well then add and mix in the wine vinegar. Set aside until ready to use.
- STEP 4On a clean surface, cut each sheet of filo in half so that you have four rectangles. Brush olive oil on two of the rectangles.
- STEP 5Place one of the dry filo rectangles on top of an oiled one, so that you have a cross. Repeat for the other.
- STEP 6Spread 1/2 tbsp of cranberry sauce in the centre of the cross, followed by 1/2 the cheese, then a tbsp of the onions finished with 1/2 tbsp of cranberry sauce. Repeat for the other parcel.
- STEP 7Gather up the pastry bringing the corners to the centre scrunching up the pastry at the top to create a ruffled appearance. Lightly brush with oil then repeat for the other parcel.
- STEP 8Place the parcels on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly golden.