Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Curried fish leeks, peas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Goes well with a jacket or mash
- 500ml whole milk
- 40g coriander leaves and stalks separated
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 3 x lemons; shave 1 to strips, 1 zest grated, 1 quartered
- Salt and pepper
- 450g smoked cod fillet skinned
- 60g unsalted butter
- 2 x tblsp plain flour
- 2 x tspn black mustard seeds
- 200g frozen peas
- 4 x hard boiled eggs peeled and quartered
- STEP 1Pour the milk into a large saute pan and add the coriander stalks, curry powder, lemon zest, the green part of the leeks and a quarter-teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer on a medium heat, cook 10 mins, then add the fish, cover with a lid and poach for five mins. Transfer the fish to a plate, then flake. Strain the milk into a bowl.
- STEP 2Put half the butter in a medium saucepan with the flour, a third of a teaspoon of salt and 5 - 10 turns of pepper. On medium heat, stir until butter melts and the mixture thickens, pour in the infused milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thick and smooth. Take off the heat.
- STEP 3Melt remaining butter in the same saute pan on a medium-high heat, fry the white part of the leeks for eight minutes, until soft and starting to brown. Add the mustard seeds and frozen peas, stir through for two to three minutes, then add the flaked fish, coriander leaves, above sauce (step 2) and eggs. Stir gently, just to combine, and serve with lemon wedges alongside.