Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sea bass with rosemary and lemon
- Preparation and cooking time
- 35 to 40 minutes
- Serves 1
sea bass with rosemary
- 1 x 1kg/2.2lb sea bass
- 5-6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 50ml/2fl oz extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- STEP 1Clean and scale (but don't fillet) the sea bass. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6.Make three diagonal slashes in the flesh of the sea bass on both sides of the fish, going right down to the bone (but not cutting through the bone).
- STEP 2Insert rosemary sprigs into the slashes and the belly cavity of the fish. Let it hang out a bit, as it will singe slightly, giving an extra flavour to the dish. Place the fish in a roasting tray and sprinkle with sea salt. Drizzle with olive oil then rub the olive oil and sea salt into the skin of the fish.
- STEP 3.Place the fish in the preheated oven and roast uncovered for 30-35 minutes. The flesh should be white, the skin crisp. Carefully remove the fish fillets with a spoon. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.