Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
cherry and almond shortbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 mins chilling time
- Serves 12
Lovely rich shortbread with glace cherries and ground almonds
- 5oz plain flour
- 4oz butter
- 2oz caster sugar
- 15 glace cherries
- 3oz ground almonds
- STEP 1Beat butter and sugar together until pale
- STEP 2Stir in ground almonds, then glace cherries, chopped.
- STEP 3Stir in flour until you have a paste.
- STEP 4Turn onto lightly floured work surface & gently roll until 1cm thick
- STEP 5Cut into rounds, fingers or shapes. Put on baking sheet and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- STEP 6Chill for 20-30 mins
- STEP 7Bake for 15-20 mins on 190° gas mark 5
- STEP 8Cool on wire rack