Squid With Crispy Noodles & Crunchy Vegetables - Mì xào dòn hải sản
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Fresh, Healthy & Delicious
- 4 pieces Dried egg noodle
- Oil for frying
- 40g Chopped garlic
- 200g Chinese cabbage (“cải thảo”) cut in bias
- 200g Napa cabbage (“Cải Ngọt “) cut in bias
- 200g Broccoli (“bông cải xanh”) cut in bias
- 200g Carrots, peeled and cut in slices
- 4 tablespoons Oyster sauce (“dầu hào”)
- 4 teaspoons Soya sauce
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 400g Squid
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 pinches Black pepper
- Tapioca (“bột năng”) 10g and 4 tablespoons of water, mixed
- STEP 1Prepare first dry noodles. You need about more than half of a pot of oil. Heat oil in a pot to 180 degrees. To be sure that the oil is hot enough, drop a small piece of dried noodle: it should expand just within a few seconds. When the oil is ready, take a portion of dried noodle and pour into the oil for a few seconds, use your long chopsticks to hold all the noodles while turning them with both hands to obtain a nest of fried noodles. Fried noodles should be golden color. Put the fried noodles on a paper to dry off the oil and then display the crispy noodle into individual plate.
- STEP 2Cut and prepare all vegetables as above. Separate the carrot, broccoli, and the hard part of the cabbage beforehand so we will blanch them first. Blanch the carrot and “hard” part of vegetables first during 3 minutes and then all green vegetables during 2 more minutes. Take out from the wok and drain the water.
- STEP 3In a wok sauté garlic and squids with oil until fragrant and then add all vegetables to mix them well with the fried garlic. Then add 300 ml of water, oyster sauce, soya sauce, sugar and 2 pinches of black pepper. Keep stirring while adding slowly the mixture of tapioca powder (about 2 tablespoons of mixture) until the sauce becomes thick.
- STEP 4Take out from the heat and then pour on top of crispy noodle. Serve them right away while it’s still hot and crispy.