Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Wild Garlic and Potato Soufflé
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
A light soufflé with a hint of wild garlic and herbs, using left-over mash and sharp tangy cheese
- 4 oz cold mashed potato
- 2 oz chopped wild garlic
- 1 clove of roasted garlic, made into a smooth paste
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 oz flour
- 1 oz grated hard cheese plus a bit more for coating the dish (parmesan or grana padana)
- 1 egg white
- mixed fresh herbs - parsley, chives, thyme, chervil etc
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- STEP 2Butter a souffle dish or small ovenproof pan/dish and coat the bottom and sides with some of the grated cheese.
- STEP 3Mix together all the ingredients except the egg in a bowl with enough milk to make a thick but runny ‘batter’ Beat the egg white until peaked, then fold into the potato mix
- STEP 4Half fill the souffle dish/pan with the mix and place in the oven. Leave for at least 20 mins until risen and browned
- STEP 5For the dressing, in a blender, mix parsley, wild garlic, lovage and chives, olive oil and lemon juice to make an emulsion. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the soufflé