Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
A nice quick, high protein meal which can serve up to three people (depending on how hungry you are and the number of sides).
- 75g Chorizo diced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 eggs
- 50ml milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Turn on the grill. Wisk the eggs with the milk, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- STEP 2Without adding any oil and on a low heat, gently sweat the chorizo in a small 7" frying pan for 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the onion and garlic to the pan until the onions turn translucent. Add the peppers and fry until soft add the mushrooms and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the egg mix to the frying pan and alternate between frying on the hob and grilling every 1-2 minutes until the egg mixture is set through.
- STEP 5Transfer the frittata to a plate cut into equal portions. Serve with a side salad, chips or on its own. To give the frittata something extra add a dash of tobacco when serving.