- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
A chocolatey treat that is like a biscuit but the size of a cake!
- 215g (7oz) plain flour
- 160g (5oz) margarine
- 160g (5oz) caster sugar
- 20g (4 tsp) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 5 ml (3/4 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- RESERVE SOME SUGAR FOR DECORATION
- STEP 1Beat the sugar and butter together.
- STEP 2Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla essence, beaten eggs and mix well.
- STEP 3Put into a greased tin and press gently on the top with a fork.
- STEP 4Brush with water and sprinkle remaining sugar.
- STEP 5Bake in the over at 180 degrees fan for approx. 30 minutes.
- STEP 6Cut into portions while still warm. Enjoy!