- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Bacon Cheese Burger in Puff Pastry
- 400-500g Mince
- 4 cheese slices
- 8 rashers of bacon
- Egg (yolk)
- Puff Pastry
- Sauce/Toppings of choice
- Sesame seeds
- STEP 1Divide the mince into 4. Shape into burger patties, season each side and quickly seal in a frying pan with oil on both sides (Do not cook through). Remove & allow to cool
- STEP 2Grill bacon to liking and place 1 rasher on top of burger (place toppings between bacon and patty). Add cheese then a second rasher. Leave in fridge until needed.
- STEP 3Lay the pastry out & cut 2 discs for each burger, 1 about double the size of your patty and 1 disc the same size as the patty.
- STEP 4Wrap larger disc over each patty and smooth around the edges. Brush the smaller disc with egg yolk and place over the base of the burger sealing the two pastry discs together.
- STEP 5Rest in fridge for 15 mins until firm and cool. Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- STEP 6Bake for 20-25mins on 190c until golden brown.