Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Allspice and Paprika Poussins with Chorrizo
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ideally it it better to marinate this dish overnight.
- Serves 2
A spice infused poussins alongside the flavoursome chorizo, the flavours in this dish evokes memory of the Caribbean. This is the perfect one-pan dish to serve for an evening meal.
- 2 Poussins.
- 1 garlic chopped.
- 1 tbsp all purpose seasoning.
- 1 tbsp paprika.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- 2 sweet potatoes, skinned and sliced.
- 1/2 leek, outer skinned removed and sliced.
- 1/2 ring of Chorizo, skin removed and sliced.
- STEP 1Ideally, it is better to season the Poussins the night before to ensure the best flavour. Remove the giblets from the Poussins and wash with lemon juice. Drizzle 1/2 tbsp of olive oil over the Poussins and add the all-purpose seasoning, paprika and black pepper over the Poussin's, leave to season.
- STEP 2nce seasoned, ideally overnight or for several hours, preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Place the Poussin's in an oven dish and roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add the sweet potatoes, leeks and olive oil to the Poussin's and roast for a further 30 minutes. After 45 minutes of roasting, scatter the chorizo slices in the oven tray and roast for a further 15 minutes.
- STEP 3Pierce the Poussins with a skewer to ensure that the liquid runs clear. Serve each Poussin with the sweet potatoes, leeks and carrots.