Creamy Piri Piri Chicken Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
A creamy pasta dish with a bit of heat.
- 1 1\2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1\2 White Onion
- 1 - 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 250g Spinach
- 60ml Garlic Nandos Piri Piri Sauce
- 300ml Double Cream
- 500g Tagliatelle (about 8 Balls)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- STEP 1Cut the chicken into small bitesize pieces, season with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok, or wide frying pan, and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and fry for an additional 1 minute. As the onion is cooking bring a saucepan of water to the boil with salt and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. This will help stop the tagliatelle from sticking together.
- STEP 2Add the chicken and stir fry on a high heat for 3-5 minutes to brown chicken. Once chicken is slightly browned stir in the Piri Piri sauce and reduce heat to simmer for 2 minutes to reduce slightly.
- STEP 3Once the sauce has reduced stir in the double cream and reduce heat to low for about 5 minutes and simmer, stirring occasionally. Now you have 2 options for the spinach. You can either quickly chop into strips to make it easier to wilt and add to the sauce or (if like me) you can gradually add the whole spinach leaves to the pan so you have big chunky bits to wrap around the chicken and pasta. Add to the sauce then once ready add to your drained pasta and stir through then serve.