Pork Medallions in Brandy Peppercorn Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 4-6 servings
This is quick and easy to prepare and is pure luxury!
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 150ml milk (whole or semi-skimmed)
- 1-2 tsp brandy
- 2 tsp preserved green peppercorns
- Olive oil
- 1 x 400-500g Pork fillet cut into medallions
- STEP 1Melt the butter with the flour in a saucepan whisking together so that there are no lumps. Slowly whisk in the milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes taking care that the sauce does not stick to the bottom.
- STEP 2Remove from the heat and stir in the brandy and peppercorns and season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- STEP 3Lightly oil a large frying pan and turn the heat to high. Add the medallions and sear on either side until they take on a pleasing colour.
- STEP 4Turn the heat down to the lowest setting, add the sauce to the pan, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the medallions are cooked through.
- STEP 5Add a little water during cooking if the sauce becomes too thick. Serve with mashed potatoes and some steamed vegetables.
- STEP 6If you want to make this an even quicker recipe buy the medallions pre-cut.