Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pollo alla diavola
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Chicken in a thick, spicy jalepeno sauce
- 1 and a half chillies
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- Dried mixed Italian herbs
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 6 mushrooms roughly chopped
- Tinned tomatoes
- Handful of jalepenos (can chop these if you like)
- Half a cup of wine
- Vegetable stock cube
- Tomato purée
- STEP 1Add half a chilli, 1 clove of garlic, a teaspoon of herbs and a pinch of paprika ito a bowl and roughly mash together, coat the chicken in this and wrap in foil. Place this in the oven at 200degrees in a fan oven and cook for 30 minutes
- STEP 2Add the oil to a saucepan and fry the onions on a high heat for around 3 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the the green peppers, chillies,tomatoes, mushrooms and 1 clove garlic and adjust to a medium heat. Cook this for 4 minutes.
- STEP 4Add half the tin if tomatoes and a dash of olive oil and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Then add the extra garlic, herbs and jalepenos and give it a stir
- STEP 5Use a wooden spoon to mash the larger chunks of tomatoes, both tinned and fresh. Crumble over half the stock cube and stir in the leftover tinned tomatoes and the wine. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 6Add a squeeze of lemon and the tomato purée. Continue to cook until the chicken is ready. Stirring occasionally.
- STEP 7After 30 minutes take the chicken out and open up the foil, return to the oven for 10 minutes turning the heat up to full. Serve with the sauce poured generously over the chicken.