The Best Healthy Fish Cakes Ever
- Preparation and cooking time
- Poaching fish
- More effort
- Serves 4
Packed with sweet potatoes, greens and sustainable fish these crispy cakes will be loved by all. Can be made smaller to make a starter.
- 350g poached salmon
- 150g poached cod
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 100g peas
- Lmeon and lime juice
- Handful of chopped parsely
- Panko breadcrumbs, flour and egg
- 2tbsp olive oil, for frying
- STEP 1Simmer potatoes for 10mins, add broccoli for extra 4mins and then peas for 1min. Drain.
- STEP 2Tip into a food processor along with the lemon, parsley and seasoning. Blitz a little to combine but still with small chunks of potato and broccoli.
- STEP 3Flake the fish together then add to the potato mix. Combine well.
- STEP 4Shape into 8 patties. Dip in egg, then flour and finally the panko breadcrumbs.
- STEP 5Place in fridge for at least 30mins but preferably longer.
- STEP 6Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and cook each cake on each side for 6-8mins, or until hot through and crispy golden.