Italian Sausage Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This Italian inspired dish is great at parties or occasions and is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, diced
- 9 Italian sausages, casings off, broken into meatball sizes
- splash of red wine
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes with juices
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 450g of your choice of pasta, cooked
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- olive oil
- STEP 1Heat oven to 225 C. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook until soft; about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and the sausage; and sauté until the sausage is browned. Season with salt and pepper. You might need to drain off the fat depending on how much fat is in the sausages.
- STEP 2Add the red wine ; allowing it to mostly boil away. Add the tomatoes and let it simmer for about 10 minutes - until the sauce has thickened slightly. Add the oregano.
- STEP 3In a bowl, combine the ricotta, half the parmesan and parsley. Add salt and pepper if required. Combine the drained, cooked pasta with ricotta mixture. Add the sausage and the sauce. Mix well. Add the mozzarella.
- STEP 4Pour into large, shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Bake uncovered until lightly browned and bubbling; about 20 minutes. Serve.