Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Vegetable Pesto 'Pasta'
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Low-carb, completely pasta-free 'pasta' dish.
- 3 large zucchinis
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms - button, chestnut, swiss
- 2 tbls low-fat pesto (Basil or Sun-Dried Tomato)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- STEP 1Using a vegetable peel, cut the zucchinis into fine strips. You can halve these strips lengthways if you prefer thinner 'pasta'.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a wok or fry pan, then cook garlic until fragrant.
- STEP 3Add the mushrooms, then on a medium heat, cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are starting to soften and colour.
- STEP 4Add the zucchini strips, and toss to combine. Cook for another minute.
- STEP 5Add the pesto, stirring to ensure the zucchini and mushrooms are evenly covered. You can thin the mixture with a little water if you prefer.
- STEP 6When the vegetables are heated through, add the spinach, folding them into the other vegetables until they start to wilt.
- STEP 7Add the cheese and stir it through until melted.
- STEP 8Season with pepper and serve.