Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
An Irish Guinness stew to warm you on a cold day Great for a potluck party! Not suitable for slow cooking.
- 1L of Guinness Original Draft (2 Cans)
- 800g Diced Beef
- 1 to 2 Large Carrots Diced
- 1 to 2 Celery Diced
- 1 to 2 Large Parsnip Diced
- 1L Beef Stock
- Thyme and Rosemary ideally fresh
- Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Onion Diced
- Button Mushrooms
- STEP 1Sautee the onion and Stir Fry the Beef in a frying pan until tender and add to a large cooking pot
- STEP 2Add the Diced Vegetables and Herbs
- STEP 3Pour in the Guinness and 1L of Beef Stock
- STEP 4Sir Well and let cook slowly for up to 2 hours
- STEP 5Serve with mashed potatoes or dumplings.
- STEP 6For the best result serve one day after cooking to really release those flavors!