Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Red Pepper-Salmon Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Baked salmon served with a red pepper sauce over pasta.
- 4 (120g) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g roasted red peppers
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons minced green chilli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1/2 (500g) packet vermicelli pasta
- STEP 1In a 20cm baking dish, arrange salmon filets in a single layer. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Tightly cover dish with foil. Bake at 220 C / Gas 7. Cook until fish is opaque, but still moist looking in thickest part, 12 to 14 minutes.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, in a blender, smoothly puree red peppers, parmesan, cornflour, chilli and garlic. Add coriander and chicken stock; whirl to blend.
- STEP 3Pour pepper mixture into a 25cm frying pan. Stir over high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to keep warm.
- STEP 4Cook pasta in 3 litres boiling water until tender to bite, about 7 minutes. Drain, and return to pan.
- STEP 5Stir juices from the baked salmon into red pepper sauce. Mix 375ml sauce with pasta. Spoon pasta onto plates. Top with fish, and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve.