- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Light, fluffy. Eat within 3 minutes!
- Butter 1 tbsp / 14 g
- All-purpose flour 1 tbsp
- Hot milk 1/2 cup / 120 mL
- Vanilla Extract 1/2 tsp
- Salt pinch
- Eggs 2, seperated
- Castor Sugar 2 tbsp
- Additional butter and sugar for dusting ramekins
- STEP 1Brush butter on from bottom of ramekin upwards. Coat with sugar, shake our excess.
- STEP 2On medium heat, add better in saucepan until melted, then add flour, constantly stirring for 1 minute until thickens.
- STEP 3Remove from heat, then add hot milk, stir, return to medium heat again until it boils and forms ribbons.
- STEP 4Add salt and vanilla in the milk mixture, stir, then add egg yolk one by one, stir.
- STEP 5Pour mixture into another bowl so it will not evaporate. This is béchamel sauce.
- STEP 6Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl.
- STEP 7Once stiff peaks appear, add in sugar, whisk until combined.
- STEP 8Add the egg whites in the béchamel sauce, adding in 3 times, combining it gently.
- STEP 9Spoon the batter in the ramekins using a ladle, then run them around the inside of the rim to make the soufflé rise straight.
- STEP 10Bake at 200C for 12-15 minutes.