Slow Cooker Chicken Tagine
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 3
A morocco dish, cooked in the slow cooker.
- 500G Skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into 2cm chunks)
- 2 Large Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 65 G Dried Apricots (chopped)
- 50 G Raisins
- 300 Ml Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree / Lemon Juice /
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon of spices each (Ground Ginger, Cumin, Cinnamon,
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Each (Curry Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Pepper)
- 175 g Cuscus
- 250ml boiling water
- STEP 1Place the chicken, onions, apricots and raisins into a slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, tomato puree, lemon juice, flour, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, curry powder and cayenne. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the cooker. Cover, set the cooker to Low and cook for 5 hours.
- STEP 2Place the couscous into a saucepan, stir in the boiling water, cover and let stand until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork. Scoop onto plates and serve with chicken tagine.