Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken, pea, sage & prosciutto risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick, easy and delicious recipe. Sage can be replaced with other fresh or dried herbs.
- 10g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 200ml white wine
- 800ml chicken stock
- 350g chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp finely shredded sage
- STEP 1Heat butter and half of the oil in large saucepan; cook onion, stirring until soft. Add rice, stir rice to coat in mixture.
- STEP 2Add wine; cook, stirring, until liquids almost evaporated. Stir in 2 ladlefuls of simmering stock, cook, stirring over low heat until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding stock in 2 ladleful batches, stirring until adsorbed after each addition. Total cooking time should be about 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in medium frying pan; cook chicken, stirring, until cooked through. Add garlic; stir until fragrant. Add chicken mixture to risotto with peas, stir to combine.
- STEP 4Cook prosciutto in same frying pan until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper then break into rough pieces. Stir sage and half of the prosciutto into risotto. Serve risotto with sprinkle of remaining prosciutto.