Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Covered Flapjacks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling Time 10-30 minutes
- Serves 12
Lovely flapjacks :)
- 170g Margarine
- 170g golden syrup
- 170g light brown sugar (or muscovado sugar)
- 350g porridge oats (the bigger the oats the better)
- 150g chocolate
- STEP 1Preheat oven to Gas 3 and line the tin will be using with grease proof or baking paper.
- STEP 2Melt the butter, then add and melt in the golden syrup and sugar in a pan together at a low heat.
- STEP 3Once all is dissolved to a smooth mixture, remove the pan from the heat and slowly stir in the porridge oats bit by bit (add extra oats if the mixture is too gooey).
- STEP 4Pack the mixture into the baking tin (or tins) and push down slightly. Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browning on top.
- STEP 5Once cooked remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- STEP 6While theose are cooling melt the chocolate down on a low heat or by using the water bowl melting method. Then spread the melted chocolate over the top of the flapjacks, and leave to solidify and cool down.
- STEP 7When cool divide into bars or square as preferred and enjoy :).