Gooey chocolate microwave cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Lovely indulgent chocolate treat for two (or halfed for one!). This is all about taste (there's nothing fancy in the presentation) so perfect for a quick after dinner week night pudding. To pretty it up I find vanilla buttercream, or a topping of melted milk chocolate and peanut butter both work well.
- 3 tbsp Sugar (any)
- 3 tbsp Self-raising flour (wholemeal or white)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Oil (sunflower, vegetable, olive, coconut or any nut oil)
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Boiling water
- 1tsp Vanilla flavouring (I use 'Flav Drops' by My Protein in either toffee or vanilla flavour)
- STEP 1A wide shallow bowl works best (7 inch diameter and 2-3 inch depth works well)
- STEP 2Add all ingredients to bowl and stir until everything is combined
- STEP 3Cook in microwave for 2 minutes (the less you cook the more gooey/molten, and the longer you cook the more sponge-like the cake will be). I recommend cooking for 1.5 minutes for your first time, then judge from there for next time whether you would prefer it more gooey or more sponge-like.
- STEP 4Once removed from microwave, either eat straight from bowl or spoon out into separate bowls. The cake will crumble, so best served with Greek yogurt, ice-cream or custard.
- STEP 5To change the flavour you can add orange or peppermint essence, cinnamon, ginger, chilli or coffee