Traditional Manoharam Recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 30 nos
Manoharam is a traditional recipe In Every south Indian brahmin family, especially during weddings or family occasions.
- Rice Flour : 2 cups
- Urad dal flour : 2 tbsps
- Ghee : 2 tbsps,Salt: a pinch
- Jaggery : 2 1/2 cups, Cardamom Powder -
- Oil for deep frying
- STEP 1In a wide bowl,mix rice flour,urad dal flour,ghee ,salt and mix throughly. Sprinkle some water and prepare a dough. Take small quantities of this dough and fill in a press ( Thenkuzhal achu).
- STEP 2Heat oil in a pan,press the mould over hot oil and allow the thenkuzhal to fry till golden brown. Breakdown the full thenkuzhal into small pieces. Dissolve the jaggery in 1/2 cup water and filter it.
- STEP 3gain heat up the jaggery water,Take a little water in a cup,add few drops of jaggery syrup,if it forms like a ball then remove from flame. Add cardamom powder and add the syrup to the broken murukku mix well.
- STEP 4While still worm ,press firmly into lemon sized balls. YUMMY MAHOHARAM IS READY NOW...:)