Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crispy Chocobanana Pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A super easy, but good-looking and tasty desert. Add a pinch of ginger to give it a fresh taste. Best served with vanilla ice-cream.
- 250g Filo Pastry (3-4 sheets)
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 6tbsp Nutella
- Pinch of freshly grated ginger
- Honey to drizzle
- 3tsp Olive Oil
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- STEP 2Mash the bananas, Nutella, and ginger together in a bowl.
- STEP 3Take a sheet of the filo pastry and brush liberally with some olive oil. Place oil-side down in a 22cm loose-bottomed tin, allowing some pastry to drape over the sides. Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round. Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have 3-4 layers. Drizzle a little honey over the pastry before spooning in the filling. Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up, and make sure the filling is covered. Brush with a little more oil and finish by drizzling some more honey over the top in a pattern.
- STEP 4Bake for 30mins, or until the pastry is crispy and golden brown. Remove from tin, slice, and serve with vanilla ice-cream.