Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow cooker roast chicken
- Preparation and cooking time
- 4-5 hours in the slow cooker.
- Makes One roast dinner
Save a load of gas/electricity using you slow cooker. Add your spuds at the bottom.
- Potatoes, halved
- butter, to spread on top
- 1 tablespoon water
- Herbs (mixed herbs)
- Sprinkle of salt
- STEP 1Put the potatoes at the bottom with the water (to stop it sticking before the meat juice starts to drip).
- STEP 2Then put a layer of foil so you can lift the chicken out easily.
- STEP 3Smear the butter on top of the bird and any other herbs and place on the foil.
- STEP 4Put the lid on, then turn on high for 4-5 hours.
- STEP 5Lift the bird out and put on a baking tray, along with the potatoes around it. Put salt on the potatoes.
- STEP 6Flash roast in the oven at 200 degrees for about 30 minutes to brown. Turn the potatoes every 10 minutes.