Chinese Style Ribs With Prawn Fried Rice & Steamed Pak Choi
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ideally marinate for 24 hours but 4 hours as a minimum.
- Serves 2
Just Like The Real Thing But Better!
- 1Kg Pork Ribs-I like the "Meaty" outdoor reared pork ribs off Tesco's meat counter.
- 3 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese Rice Wine or Dry Sherry
- 3 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 1 Heaped Teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- Hot Chilli Sauce To Taste (Optional)
- 2 Fat Cloves Of Garlic Finely Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Runny Honey
- 1 Pack Tilda Microwave Egg Fried Rice
- 200 Grammes Raw King Prawns
- 2 Spring Onions Chopped On The Diagonal
- 1 Pack of Pak Choi
- STEP 1put the hoisin,ketchup,rice wine/sherry,soy,garlic,5 spice & hot sauce in a bowl & mix well with a hand whisk.pour half the mixture into a sealeable freezer bag,add the ribs,the rest of the sauce,seal & massage the rib/sauce mix in the bag for a couple of minutes.place in the fridge to marinate for,ideally,24 hours but for 4 hours minimum.
- STEP 2pre-heat your oven to 180c/350f.remove the ribs from the marinade,place in a roasting tin & cook in the centre of the oven for 45 to 60 mins,depending on the size of the ribs.baste with the honey 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- STEP 3the pak choi only requires 3 to 5 minutes in the steamer.if you've got any oyster sauce,drizzle some over the pak choi before steaming.
- STEP 4while the pak choi is steaming,stir fry the prawns/spring onion in a little oil,in a hot wok,until cooked then add the pack of egg fried rice to heat through.