Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roasted Red Pepper & Butternut Squash Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 - 6
Bursting with natural, hearty flavours that is subtly sweet with an after glow of spicy heat.
- 1 x Butternut squash peeled & chopped in to chunks
- 2 x Red Peppers deseeded & quartered
- 6 x cloves of garlic (less if your not so keen)
- 2 medium or 1 x large onion finely chopped
- 2 x sticks of celery finely chopped
- 1 x large carrot grated
- 800 mls chicken stock
- 1 crushed dried chilli (1 gives it a noticeable but not firey kick)
- Fresh herbs ( I used sage)
- STEP 1Put the butternut squash, red pepper and whole garlic cloves (leave skin on) and herbs in to the oven at 200c/fan180c with a slash of olive oil for 30 - 40 mins until soft & golden.
- STEP 2In the mean time gently soften the onions, celery and carrot with a splash of olive oil and good dollop of butter. Add chilli once softened.
- STEP 3Remove herbs if crispy and put butternut squash etc. in with the onion mixture. Add 600 mls of stock.
- STEP 4Puree mixture in batches until smooth & lump free. Pass through a sieve to omit any unwanted skin. This gives a smooth as silk consistency making it dinner party standards.
- STEP 5Reheat on a low heat gradually adding remaining stock until you have YOUR desired consistency and season with white pepper. Enjoy!