- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 toadstools
yummy little treats that you can put on cakes or eat them by themselves. marzipan contains ground nuts so do not give these to anyone that is allergic to nuts
- 250g (9oz) white marzipan
- red food colouring
- STEP 1Cut the block of marzipan in half. Then, wrap one half in plastic foodwrap and the other half in a small bowl.
- STEP 2Add three drops of colouring to the bowl and mix it in with your fingers. Then , break the marzipan in to eight pieces.
- STEP 3Roll each piece into a ball , then squash them to make toadstool shapes. Press your thumb into the bottom to make a hollow.
- STEP 4Unwrap the other half of the marzipan. To make spots , break off a third of the marzipan and roll it into lots of little balls.
- STEP 5Press several little balls onto each toadstool. Then , break the remaining piece of marzipan into eight pieces.
- STEP 6Roll each piece between your fingers to make a stalk. Then , press a red top onto each stalk to complete the toadstool.