Delicious Crème Egg brownie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
For an alternative to traditional simnel cake, indulge sweet tooths with an choco-tastic Crème Egg brownie tray bake recipe. Trust me, its as good as it looks!!!
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g best dark chocolate
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 6 cadbury's Crème Eggs, cut in half
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 160c and grease a 20cm square baking tin.
- STEP 2Melt the butter and dark chocolate together either in the microwave or in a bowl over hot water.
- STEP 3Break 3 large eggs into a large bowl and tip in 275g of golden caster sugar. With an electric mixer on maximum speed, whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy, like a milkshake! This can take 3-8 minutes. TIP, you'll know its ready when the mixture becomes pale and about double it's original volume.
- STEP 4Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together.
- STEP 5Hold a sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and sift the cocoa and flour mixture, shaking the sieve from side to side, to cover the top evenly. Gently, fold in the mixture.
- STEP 6Pour into the baking tin and cook for 15 minutes then take it our of the oven and gently press the Cadbury's Crème Egg halves into the mix spacing them apart evenly. Put back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- STEP 7Leave to cool before removing from the tin and cutting.
- STEP 8Enjoy!