- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
a light crisp shortbread biscuit
- 150g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 75g cornflour
- STEP 1Heat oven to 150 degrees/ gas 2.
- STEP 2Cream butter and sugar
- STEP 3Sieve flour and cornflour and mix to combine to form a soft dough
- STEP 4Wrap in cling film and refrigerate to rest for approximately 20 minutes
- STEP 5Roll out onto a floured work surface to the thickness of two pound coins stacked on top of each other. Using pastry cutters cut out biscuits and place onto a lined baking tray with a palette knife.
- STEP 6Bake for approximately 60 minutes until very pale brown, Dredge with caster sugar as soon as it comes out of the oven, then leave to cool.