Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Shallotted chicken, in red wine
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This delightful dish has a tomato sauce which is injected with red wine. The sauce I made for chicken but you could use pork. Perfect winter warmer.
- 8 Boneless chicken thighes
- 2 cans of chopped tomatos
- 1/4 bottle red wine
- 2 chicken stock cube
- 8 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- large splash of olive oil.
- STEP 1First dice up the garlic and shallots very finely. Then add to a pan of very hot oil. Allow to go golden brown and then turn heat down.
- STEP 2Add the meat of your choice to the pan and raise heat slightly to begin the cooking. Do not let it sear or burn, just cook calmly.
- STEP 3Pour out the wine and allow to breathe. Open the tomatoes from their cans and put into a bowl. Pour the wine over the chicken and stir vigorously. Add the tomatoes and keep stirring.
- STEP 4Add the stock cube. Cook on a medium heat on the hob for about 40 minutes. Check the sauce regularly to see it does not burn onto the pans bottom.
- STEP 5Serve with nice long grain rice, fresh salad and baby corn or carrots.