Red Pepper Relish
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Makes about 550ml
Great with BBQ
- Jar of ready cooked red peppers
- Tin of tomatoes
- 2 sliced red onions
- 2-3 seeded and chopped red chillies (or more if you like it hot)
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 150ml raspberry vinegar
- STEP 1Tip peppers into colander and rinse thoroughly. Cut into thin strips.
- STEP 2Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and tip in 2 sliced red onions and 2-3 seeded and chopped red chillies. Cook for 10mins or until soft.
- STEP 3Stir in 100g light muscovado sugar and cook for 2 mins until golden. Add the tomatoes and pepper strips along with 150ml of raspberry vinegar. Cook for 30 -40 mins or so until thick and pulpy. Keeps in fridge for 2 weeks although I've kept unopened jars for much longer
- STEP 4Once thickened pour into sterilised jars and tightly close