Festive shortcrust pastry
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30mins chilling
- Makes 12tarts
This shortcrust pastry has a slight festive twist to it with a bit of mixed spice added. It can be adapted to any season or perhaps do a savoury flavouring with a selection of fresh herbs.
- 200g plain four
- 200g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 75g sugar
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp ginger
- 1tsp cinnamon
- STEP 1Mix the butter and flour together until it resemble a crumble mixture.
- STEP 2Add the sugar, mixed spice, ginger, and cinnamon stir well.
- STEP 3Add eggs and with a spatula or palette knife mix until the dough comes together.
- STEP 4Once dough is together, mix with one hand til it comes to a ball and there and no bits left in the bottom and knead well on a lightly floured surface.
- STEP 5Wrap up tightly in cling film before rolling out for it to rest. This allows the dough to harden up a bit and will stick less to the board when rolling.