Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
An easy recipe to produce perfect homemade honeycomb every time, which can be given as a gift, or just enjoyed at home.
- 200g caster sugar
- 2tbsps golden syrup
- 2tsps bicarbonate of soda
- STEP 1Grease a square cake tin
- STEP 2Heat the caster sugar and golden syrup together in a large sauce pan until boiling. Simmer on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until dropping the syrup into cold water produces a brittle toffee. Make sure you don't cook it on too hot a heat so that it doesn't burn
- STEP 3Remove the sauce pan from the heat and add the bicarbonate of soda. Stir it in immediately, as the honeycomb will expand immediately, and then pour into the cake tin as soon as the bicarbonate of soda is mixed in. Leave to cool completely and don't be tempted to smooth the top - you will flatten the mixture
- STEP 4When cooled, break the honeycomb into bite sized chunks. You can dip in melted chocolate and leave to set before eating to create chocolate coated honeycomb