Honey & Coconut Flapjack
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16
Wonderfully sweet and awesome chewiness. A delight in the mouth.
- 8oz butter or margarine
- 8oz soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp accra honey (light & mild)
- 10oz porridge oats
- 3oz desiccated coconut
- Large handful of sunflower seeds (optional)
- STEP 1Before you begin, turn your oven on to 180C (or 170C fan assisted)
- STEP 2Line a square tin (21-23 cm wide) with baking paper.
- STEP 3In a saucepan, place the butter, sugar, syrup and honey and melt over a medium heat, stirring occassionally until everything is combined. Will look like a dark runny toffee sauce. Do not boil.
- STEP 4Remove saucepan from heat. Add the oats, sunflower seeds (if using) and coconut to mixture and stir until coated in the melted sauce.
- STEP 5Place mixture into your lined tin and flatten. (Optional, scatter sunflower seeds across top)
- STEP 6Bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes (check at 15 minutes). Flapjack should be golden brown in colour - becareful not to burn.
- STEP 7Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes. With a knife score into flapjack to create portions to the size of your liking. Leave to cool further and ready to eat from about 25 minutes. Yummy