Best Ever Thai Green Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a curry you make completely from scratch, giving you the authentic Thai taste along with full bragging rights when your friends and family go crazy for this recipe. There are lots of ingredients, but they all go in the blender together at the same time, so there's less hassle and fewer dishes to clean!
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, or 1 tsp of lazy lemongrass.
- 2 shallots OR half a red onion
- 1 green Birdseye chilli (add less or more depending on heat preference)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger OR galangal
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp fish sauce
- Squeeze of half a lime
- Two tins of coconut milk
- STEP 1Blend together all of the ingredients, except for the coconut milk, of which you only want to use half a tin, to create a fragrant curry paste.
- STEP 2Put the remaining coconut milk to one side, and heat the paste in a pan, stirring well until hot, releasing the flavours.
- STEP 3Add the rest of the coconut milk, and taste. At this point you may want to add more chilli. If the recipe is too spicy, another tin of coconut milk will cool it down.
- STEP 4Put in chunks of pre-cooked chicken breast, or raw king prawns, and bring the sauce to boil until all is cooked through thoroughly.
- STEP 5Serve with warm jasmine or basmati rice.