Short crust pastry - sweet
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 500 g plain flour,
- 100 g icing sugar, sieved
- 250 g butter, cut into small cubes
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- drop of milk
- STEP 1Sieve the flour into a bowl and then sieve in the icing sugar. Rub the cubes of butter into the flour and sugar until you end up with a crumbly mixture. Then mix in the lemon zest.
- STEP 2Add the eggs and milk to the mixture and gently work it together till you have a ball of dough. Flour a surface and place the dough on top. Pat it into a flat round, flour it lightly, wrap it in clingfilm and put it into the fridge to rest for at least half an hour.
- STEP 3then can be used as and when