- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
Home-made mince pies with a touch of orange pastry
- 240g Plain flour
- 120g Butter
- 350g Mincemeat
- Juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of salt
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 175 C
- STEP 2Add the flour, butter, orange juice and salt to a large mixing bowl and combine by hand, mixing until a ball of pastry is formed. Roll out the pastry to around 3mm thickness and cut out discs to form the base of the casings. Cut an equal number of smaller discs to form the casing lids.
- STEP 3Push the casing bases into the individual tray compartments and fill each one with around 1 tsp of the mincemeat. Lay the lid on top of each one and press the edges to close the pies.
- STEP 4Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 mins. Sift caster sugar over once removed.