Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tandori Tikka Masala
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Marinated and grilled chicken with a creamy coconut and tomato sauce.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lime
- 5 tbsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300ml of plain yoghurt
- 8 Cloves of Garlic - Crushed
- 1 finger of ginger - grated
- 2 Red Peppers - Chopped
- 1 Onion - Sliced
- 6 Shallots - diced
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 100ml Water
- Hand full of fresh coriander - Chop the leaves but keep the stalks
- 690ml Jar of Passata
- 50g Creamed Coconut (Patak's does this as a pack of 4 sachets sold at Tescos)
- STEP 1Cut the chicken into large chunks and place in a large bowl. squeeze the lime over the chicken then add 2 tbsp of Garam Masala, 2 tbsp of Paprika and half a tsp of salt. Rub the spices into the chicken then set a side for an hour.
- STEP 2In a blender add the plain yoghurt, half the garlic, half the ginger, 1 tbsp of Garam Masala and 1 tbsp of paprika. Blend so all ingredient are mixed well.
- STEP 3Add the onions and peppers to the spice covered chicken then pour the yoghurt mixture over making sure everything is coated. Leave this to marinate for at least 6 hours.
- STEP 4Place the marinated chicken, onions and peppers in an oven dish and spread the content out. Place in the oven at 220 degree c for 30 minutes.
- STEP 5Melt the Ghee in a large saucepan then soften the shallots. Add the remaining garlic, salt and ginger, the coriander stalks, 2 tbsp of Garam Masala; and the chilli powder.
- STEP 6Continue to fry the spices for a couple more minutes before adding the water and mix into a paste. Pour in the Passata and bring to the boil. Once boiled turn the heat down and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 7Add the Coconut to the sauce and mix in. With a hand held blender, blend the sauce until it is smooth. You may have to add a little water if the sauce is too thick.
- STEP 8Remove the Chicken, Onions and Peppers from the oven and add to the sauce. Mix in half the chopped coriander.
- STEP 9Serve with rice and naan bread. Sprinkle the remaining coriander as garnish.