British Jubilee Trifles
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
These trifles are perfect for a hot summers day. They are named British Jubilee Trifles because of the red, white and blue colours of the ingredients.
- 4 oz / 135g packet strawberry jelly
- 6 tablespoons of jelly beans
- 8 oz / 250g bought custard
- 5 floz / 150ml double cream
- Red and blue sweets, to decorate
- 6 strawberries
- STEP 1Make up the jelly according to the packet instructions and divide it up between six 300ml/1/2 pint dessert glasses. Add 1 tablespoon of jelly beans and 1 roughly chopped strawberry to each and leave to set.
- STEP 2Once the jelly has set, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the custard into each glass. Level the top of the custard with the back of the spoon. Whip the cream to soft peaks and divide between the glasses.
- STEP 3Before serving, top the trifles with the coloured sweets.