Featherlight Sponge Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
The quality and age of eggs can affect your sponge cake so use 2 day-old eggs for best results. http://www.seloger.com/immobilier/viagers/ville/
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) cake flour
- 1/4 cup(s) custard powder or powdered instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/3 cup(s) apricot jam
- 1 1/4 cup(s) heavy cream, whipped
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/325 degrees F fan-forced. Grease and flour two deep 8-inch round cake pans.
- STEP 2Beat eggs and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until thick, creamy and sugar is dissolved. Transfer mixture to large bowl; fold in triple-sifted dry ingredients. Divide mixture between pans.
- STEP 3Bake sponges about 20 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto parchment-covered wire rack to cool.
- STEP 4Sandwich sponges with jam and cream.