Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Butternut Squash and Gorgonzola Risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
A really easy and gorgeously creamy risotto that is suitably for vegetarians.
- 800g butternut squash, cubed
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 300g risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 2 pints of stock
- 75g gorgonzola, diced
- 35g parmesan, grated
- 75ml double cream
- STEP 1Toss the butternut squash with 2 tbsp of the oil and the salt and pepper, then roast in a preheated oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- STEP 2Put the oil from the roasted butternut squash and the remaining oil into a deep pan with the spring onions and the bay leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and rice then cook for a further 1 minute. Pour in the wine and simmer on a medium heat until it has absorbed into the rice. Pour in some of the stock and simmer until this has absorbed into the rice. Carry on this process until all the stock is used and the rice as cooked. If the rice is not cooked after all the stock is used, water may be used in place of stock until the rice is cooked.
- STEP 3Melt the two cheeses into the risotto and then add the cream. Stir in the roasted butternut squash and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 4Serve with grated or shaved Parmesan.