- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 3 rolls
Simple sushi rice, enough for 3 rolls.
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1.15 cups water
- 0.15 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- STEP 1Wash the rice (1 cup) with running water for 1-2 minutes until there is no more starch coming out of it.
- STEP 2Put the washed rice and water (1.15 cups) in a pan. The rice should be cooked on high heat at first and stirred every minute or two, until the water boils. Then, lower the heat to minimum and cover.
- STEP 3After 5-8 min, check the water level - If there is no more water, that means the rice is ready.
- STEP 4Mix together the rice vinegar (0.15 cups), salt (2 teaspoons) and sugar (2 tablespoons) in small pan, on medium heat until all solids are mixed in.
- STEP 5Pour mixture on rice and stir well.
- STEP 6Let rice cool down for a few minutes until it is within the room temperature.