- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 400-500ml gravy (enough for 2-3 people)
This is an easy, but very tasty and slightly creamy vegetable gravy. You can use normal butter or margarine - I'm allergic to cow's milk, but find that butter makes a richer gravy than margarine
- A decent knob of goats butter (~50g)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 40g plain flour
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a small pan over a medium heat. While it is melting, chop the onion and peel the garlic.
- STEP 2Turn to high, add the onions and crush the garlic straight into the pan. While that are cooking, make/heat the vegetable stock.
- STEP 3When the onions have softened, add the flour and stir to make a paste.
- STEP 4Add the stock a ladle-full at a time, stirring constantly.
- STEP 5When the desired thickness is reached, add another half a ladle of stock. Then simmer, still stirring regularly, for around 5-10 mins.